Thursday 12 April 2012

love your lips

 via Pinterest

Lip gloss, lip butter, lip balm, lip stick, lip jelly, lip glaze, lip conditioner
I love them all! 

It's fair to say, I have a collection in my make up drawer that a) means I could wear a different one everyday and b) probably needs to be culled! 
I do love a gimmick, but it's true that we always go back to our favourites.


For me, the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lip Balm is the only thing that nourishes my dry, cracked lips. I've tried them all, Lucas Paw Paw, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream, Burt's Bees, ChapStick, Kiehl's, Blistex, Carmex, Vaseline - you name it. I've probably tried it.

Now, I've read a few articles lately that were quite timely as I've been giving this whole lip balm thing a lot of thought. After looking through my array of lip 'treatments' I realised that most of them contain yucky ingredients that should be avoided! Petrochemicals derived from petroleum - WTF - are more likely to create a barrier on your lips than actually moisturise or do anything - except maybe make you continue to apply that stuff over and over again. Addictive isn't it?


I also discovered this when my old mate Lucas Paw Paw just wasn't cutting the mustard and didn't moisturise my lips at all. Apparently this stuff contains petroleum too. So I have had it on good advice that the best alternative is Suvana Paw Paw & Honey Organic Lip Balm. I am also keen to try the Miessence Jaffa Lip Balm as anything with a chocolatey flavour has got to be a winner!

My other new thing is lip colour - something I was always kind of afraid of. Lipstick just didn't seem right for me, I have always preferred the look and feel of a glossy lip than a dry matt lip. Plus I'm always afraid of drawing outside the lines and ending up like a scary clown. But I have been overhauling my make up regime of late and decided it was time to give some lippie a try. I have experimented with some of the more affordable brands - Revlon and Covergirl and I'm LOVING it! It's fun to add that pop of colour to my face in the morning - I feel all grown up! So much so, I even bought myself a little make up bag (that now comes with me everywhere) and it contains a bevy of new lip options plus a few key items in case I need a touch up.

So, show your lips some love!


~ Tips
Before I start my makeup, I apply a nice coat of lip balm to soften and moisturise my lips. That way, by the time I get to lipstick, they are prepped and ready to go!
Lip primer and Lip liner is a MUST for a bold red lip. 

I have been using Benefit Lip Plump and it works a charm. 
Then I follow with the Lip Liner to create a nice framework for the lippie.

~ Love to try
Suvana Paw Paw & Honey Organic Lip Balm
Miessence Jaffa Lip Balm

~ Love my current obsessions
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lip Balm about $3 from pharmacy (will use until it runs out, then I will try the Suvana!)
Stila Lip Glaze in Raspberry retails for $48 at Mecca Cosmetica - BUT if you are into online shopping see note below
Benefit Lip Plump

~ Love a deal
ASOS are selling Stila Lip Glaze for $24.33 and they also have a super deal which I have included
Stila Lip Glaze Set SAVE 150%

~ Want more
Addicted 2 Lip Balm
Naturally Safe have a huge range of natural, organic makeup and cosmetics

1 comment:

  1. I'm personally a big fan of lovelifelovemuch blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete