Tuesday 24 April 2012

love sunshine



via Favim


Growing up, my Mum was pedantic about getting us to apply sunscreen every single time we went out into the sun to protect our fair skin. It used to annoy the hell out of me!

In my early twenties I used to go out into the sun and bake myself, the browner the better. I remember getting so burnt on my shoulders that it blistered. Yeeoowwwcchhh. But these days, I am much more careful and I know my Mum was right when she told us "you'll thank me when you're older".

I have incorporated daily sunscreen into my regime for a while now and it's not as painful as it seemed when I was a teenager. As I get older I have noticed the early signs of sun damage on my face and a lot of it is irreversible (that is unless you have lots of money to throw at laser treatments and the like...)

Living by the beach, it's part of our routine to go for a quick dip on the weekends before breakfast. But I always apply sunscreen before we leave the house. And I hassle HTB about putting it on too!

I avoid prolonged sun exposure and can't stand the idea of spending an entire day at the beach baking myself in the sun. Funny how things change, isn't it.


While Summer is well and truly behind us, I can't deny myself the opportunity to sit out in our backyard on a nice sunny morning with the paper and a hot cuppa, letting the sun warm my back.

~ love these sunscreen-ers

Basil Bangs - Chaplin Stripe - I so want one of these for Summer 2012!


To Save Face from Mecca Cosmetica - apply everyday under your moisturiser. It's non-greasy, is absorbed quickly and doesn't leave your face shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment