Thursday 5 April 2012

love Easter



What's not to love? 4 days off work, a chance to catch up with friends, relax, potter around the house, enjoy some yummy food and last but not least, Easter eggs! 

It only occurred to me recently, that Easter is probably my favourite holiday. Growing up I remember the pure excitement of Easter Sunday, running outside to our beautiful garden for the annual Easter egg hunt. My sister and I would find the brightly coloured tinfoil eggs hidden under leaves, in the pot plants and inside the shoes sitting at the front door. Of course we had to split the total evenly between us! 

Last year we stayed local and had a "Feaster" lunch in our backyard with friends. I couldn't resist buying the little people a set of bunny rabbit ears and a fluffy tail. So cute! We organised an egg hunt for them and it brought back all these great memories.

I also remember egg decorating with Crayola pens, experimenting with dye and glitter and all sorts (and making lots of mess!) It might be time to revisit some of these old skills and see if I still have it! 

If you're looking for something creative to take your mind off all things chocolate, I have included some ideas below. I had to make special mention of my favourite chocolatey treats! 

Happy Easter! Remember it's the only time that it's socially acceptable to eat chocolate for breakfast!

~ Tips
Keep a secret stash of eggs in the back of the cupboard so you don't eat them all in one hit!

~ Love arts and crafts 
Egg dyeing 101
Decorating Easter Eggs 

~ Love Egg-cellent eggs 
Haighs 
Malteaster Bunnies - a new discovery and a new addiction! 

No comments:

Post a Comment