Tuesday 7 May 2013

love west elm

You have no doubt heard about the much anticipated opening of Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma and West Elm in Bondi Junction earlier this month. 


I managed to squeeze in a quick look during my lunch break - here's what I thought: 

Williams-Sonoma
Lots of fun stuff like Red Velvet cake mix, ruby-red Maraschino cherries and this taco rack. I found some cool kitchenware gadgets and cocktail/bar supplies but nothing I had to have then and there. I will be back for these cocktail picks and this adorable bitters bottle for my new bar cart! 

Pottery Barn
Some really nice, affordable furniture pieces - will have to go back with the Husbo for those purchases... 
This beautiful outdoor setting will be perfect once we complete our garden landscaping and it has been added to my Pinterest wishlist already! 

image via Pottery Barn

There has been lots of hype about the Pottery Barn kids range (I am not quite there yet!) but I have no doubt that there will be many baby nurseries decked out in this stuff around the Eastern Suburbs! 

I am also certain that I will be monogramming the sh*t out of some sheets and towels at some point! 

West Elm 
This is where I got excited. I exercised some serious restraint, but in the 30 minutes that I allowed myself in there I managed to pick up these little beauties...

image via West Elm

and this brilliant BIG bathmat for our bathroom!  

image via West Elm

Yes, we have a white, grey (and yellow) colour palette at home! 

For me, West Elm was the most impressive and had the most to offer. It is a nicer, bigger layout and has a variety of accessories for living room, kitchen, laundry and bathroom. I am lusting after a number of pieces that unfortunately have no place in my current home!  

Overall, the stores are quite small (compared to the USA) so you may be slightly underwhelmed - but the fit-out is amazing and the styling is spot-on. The service was friendly and helpful and the sales assistants wear those cool ear-pieces! 

If you are not planning a trip to Sydney anytime soon, shopping online is definitely the way to go to as you will find everything and anything you desire - word of warning though, you will get carried away! 

On the upside, shipping is FREE!  

Get involved people! 



No comments:

Post a Comment